Cellular PVC Composite Siding
PVC Composite Siding is a strong yet light-weight type of vinyl siding product. In appearance, it has an very similar look to Architectural Aluminum Siding, and is just as stunning. It has existed in the European market since the 90's. Being essentially made entirely of plastic, this product's film is able to be embossed with true-to-life wood veins, which help give it a rich, life-like feel. It is also available in an array of wood-grain and bold, modern colours, installs in the same fashion as its Aluminum Alloy counterparts, and shares many of the same benefits.
Things you may want to know:
- Wall applications can be installed horizontally or vertically.
- Soffit applications use a thinner variation of panel that is thinner and weighs less than the wall plank.
- Different types of exterior-grade screws can be used to fasten the planks onto its structure.
- Virtually 0 maintenance.
- Impervious to insect/animal infiltration, dents, scratches, and dings.
- PVC is considered a combustible, however, for exterior cladding purposes it, may be approved as a non-combustible. Make sure to check with your engineer & local building inspector to see if this product is suitable for such an application.
- Easier & safer to work with than aluminum alloy, creates less noise pollution when cutting, and doesn't create micro-shrapnel.
- A transparent coat provides protection against UV-rays and fading.
- Will typically have a lower price tag than Architectural Grade Aluminum Siding.
LEADING manufacturer brands
You can learn more about these products and request samples by visiting the manufacturer's websites.
Click on their names within each "Specialty Siding" category in the drop down menu above to visit them.